Home wellness and beauty tips from Serene Klue of Carchele Beauty Spa at The Marine
Carchele Beauty Spa at The Marine in Hermanus is a haven of pampering and sheer indulgence.
Bring that feeling of calm and pampering into your own home, with these self-care and beauty tips from owner, Serene Klue—with items you’ll likely find in your own pantry!
Relax and Rejuvenate
Start with Cayenne Pepper Tea
Lift your spirits and support your immune system with a daily cup of Cayenne Pepper Tea. The benefits of this spicy brew are multi-fold, due to a substance called capsaicin, which is said to help reduce inflammation. Cayenne also contains a number of antioxidants, including vitamin A and vitamin C:
- Aids with blood pressure and circulation
- Said to protect against heart disease
- Pain reduction
- Relief of cough and sore throat
- Lifts your mood and raises your energy levels
- Helps to promote weight loss and hair growth.
How to make it
- Stir 1/4 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper into a cup of hot water until completely dissolved.
- Add the juice from half of a fresh lemon
- Sip and reflect.
Keep up that glow with a baking soda exfoliant
Most homes will have a stash of baking soda in the pantry.
Did you know that this prosaic staple makes for one of the best exfoliants? The secret is in its texture: it is finely ground yet hard enough for it to remove dead skin cells without causing too much irritation. Added to that baking soda is an acid neutral, which means it can help cancel out the effects of acids on the skin from cosmetics and soaps.
How to use it
Simply mix a small amount of baking soda into your cleanser or combine it with water until you have a watery paste. Then gently rub all over your face, avoiding the eye area. Rinse thoroughly.
No need to miss out on facemasks, when all you need is eggs!
Not just for breakfast, egg whites can also be used as a facemask to firm, tighten and tone your skin. The benefits are many!
- An enzyme called lysozyme stops acne-causing bacteria in its tracks.
- Protein can help repair and grow tissues while promoting wrinkle-free skin.
- Potassium hydrates and moisturises as well as preserving the moisture in your skin cells.
- Riboflavin eliminates toxic free radicals that cause wrinkles.
- Collagen helps with skin inflammation and fills in wrinkle lines.
- Magnesium helps slow down the ageing process.
How to do it
Crack an egg and separate the whites from the yolk. Whisk up into a frothy foam. Apply the mixture evenly across your face. Egg whites consist of protein and water, and as the water evaporates it will form a tight, thin film around your face. Once it dries, rinse off, and moisturise.
And, relax with an Epsom salt bath
Epsom salt baths are said to relax the body and detoxify the system while soaking in all the benefits of magnesium. Naturally occurring compounds made of sulfate and magnesium, Epsom salts are best used when added to a hot bath allowing the magnesium and sulfate to be readily absorbed through the skin where they quickly enter the bloodstream.
Some of the many benefits include:
- Aids with Inflammation, Arthritis pain and swelling.
- Stress relief.
- Helps with fibromyalgia.
- Relaxes stiff joints and tight muscles.
- As a sleep and relaxation aid.
- Jump-starts circulation.
Exercise, sunshine, fruit, water and rest
“And finally, what to do every day without fail: Exercise, get 20 minutes of sunshine, eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, drink water and get lots of rest and sleep,” shares Serene.
Have more self-care questions?
Email Serene at firstname.lastname@example.org
Now is the time to spoil that someone special with a spa gift voucher!
#spa #wellness #selfcare #beauty #mymcgrath #mymarinehermanus#tourismstrong #sawilltravelagain #TravelTomorrow