Hermanus First Friday’s Artwalk is part of a worldwide initiative ‘to make art and art galleries more accessible to the public’. On the first Friday of every month guests of The Marine can take an easy stroll along the cliff path into the centre of town to experience the vibrant art culture of our seaside village.
Five Reasons to go on the Hermanus First Friday’s Artwalk
- There are fifteen art galleries to see, featuring 300 Artists, 4000 paintings and 200 sculptures and ceramics.
- All these galleries remain open until 8pm, meaning you can take your time and enjoy the sunset.
- What’s an art show without wine? Enjoy a glass of local Walker Bay wine while you stroll through the village.
- There’s something for everyone; whether you’re looking for an investment art piece, or just an affordable handcrafted keepsake.
- You may even get to see an artist at work: several of the galleries are also the home studios of resident painters and sculptors.
Our guests can enjoy the art scene of Hermanus anytime, too. There are many contemporary art galleries to, including: Abalone Art Gallery, Walker Bay Art Gallery, Rossouw Modern Art Gallery, Old Harbour Gallery and Lembu Studio and Gallery.