This easy classic baked vanilla cheesecake is super creamy, and the buttery crust is perfect. Serve with your favourite fruit coulis or compote, it is the ultimate indulgent dessert. Watch this how to video or follow the easy steps below.
- 1 x 200g pct. tennis biscuits
- 120g melted butter
- 750g smooth cream cheese (3 tubs)
- 2 x tins sweetened condensed milk
- 2 x eggs
- 500ml fresh cream (2 cups)
- 250ml lemon juice (1 cup)
- 3 x table spoons vanilla custard powder
- 5 x table spoons vanilla essence
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 °C
- Spray a springform cake tin with spray & cook
- Crush the biscuits till it makes a fine crumb. Combine with the melted butter and press in the bottom of a standard springform cake tin.
- Whisk together the cream cheese till smooth. Add the eggs one at a time and mix through. While whisking, pour in the cream and mix till combined. Add the condensed milk and whisk till the mixture is smooth.
- In a separate container mix the vanilla custard powder & the vanilla essence.
- Add the vanilla mix to the cream cheese mix and combine.
- Lastly add the lemon juice. The mixture will thicken slightly.
- Pour in your prepared cake tin and bake in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes on 180 °C, turn down the oven to 160 °C and bake for a further 40 minutes. The mixture will still be a bit wobbly in the centre.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the tin till completely set. Preferable overnight in the fridge.
- Use a knife to cut around the sides and remove from the tin. Use a knife and let it stand in hot water for a few seconds before you cut it in slices.
- Serve with your favourite fruit coulis or compote or even a dash of fresh whipped cream.
Enjoy with family and friends.
If you are not the baking type, but enjoy sharing sweet treats with those you love…