Chef Peter Tempelhoff of Greenhouse Restaurant at The Cellars-Hohenort Hotel, along with Ashley Moss, part of The Collection by Liz McGrath and a proud Relais & Châteaux Association member, was named #5 Best Restaurant in South Africa at the 2017 Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards, which took place at GrandWest Casino and Entertainment World, Cape Town.
“Naturally I’m incredibly proud to not only receive the award but proud of all the staff at Greenhouse Restaurant. We’ve worked consistently hard to create, reinvent and present unique, timeless dishes for our guests to enjoy. It’s all about great team work, ongoing training and true passion for great cuisine.” – Chef Peter Tempelhoff
The Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Restaurant Awards
Launched in 1998, the annual Eat Out Restaurant Awards, are held annually in November and celebrate the South African restaurant industry with accolades including the Top 10 Restaurants, Chef of the Year, Restaurant of the Year, and Service Excellence Awards.
This years Top 10 restaurants are:
- The Test Kitchen, Chef Luke Dale-Roberts (Woodstock, Cape Town)
- Restaurant Mosaic at The Orient, Chef Chantel Dartnall (Elandsfontein, Pretoria)
- The Restaurant at Waterkloof, Chef Gregory Czarnecki (Somerset West)
- Chefs Warehouse at Beau Constantia, Chefs Ivor Jones & Liam Tomlin (Constantia, Cape Town)
- Greenhouse at The Cellars-Hohenort, Chefs Peter Tempelhoff & Ashley Moss (Constantia, Cape Town)
- Camphors at Vergelegen, Chef Michael Cooke (Somerset West)
- La Colombe, Chefs Scot Kirton and James Gaag (Constantia, Cape Town)
- The Shortmarket Club, Chefs Wesley Randles & Luke Dale-Roberts (City Bowl, Cape Town)
- Overture, Chef Bertus Basson (Stellenbosch)
- The Pot Luck Club, Chefs Luke Dale-Roberts & Frederico Dias (Woodstock, Cape Town)