- Wonderful! RT @vandawaterfront: The Clock Tower steps have been transformed. #WDC2014 [ link ] [ link ] 3 hours ago
- @LouisBoutinot Lovely! Welcome, and enjoy it :) 4 hours ago
- RT @LouisBoutinot: Happy wife, happy life @McGrathHotels #CellarsHohenort [ link ] 4 hours ago
- RT @News24Travel: A1 Just look at this incredible view from the Palmiet River in the Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve #discoverOverberg http://t… 5 hours ago
- RT @ishotimagesza: A2: #discoverOverberg has some of the best MTB trails in the Western Cape! From Elgin & Grabout to the Hemel En Aarde va… 6 hours ago
Plettenberg Bay is South Africa's premier family beach holiday destination.
Overlooking the Indian Ocean and the Tsitsikamma mountain range The Plettenberg Hotel offers an idyllic setting where year round 'local' schools of dolphins can be spotted from the hotel terraces and the comfort of your luxurious sea-view rooms. You may also encounter Southern Right whales from June to November. Situated on a rocky headland with panoramic views of the ocean you can while away a few hours with your family relaxing by the pool, swimming and playing games. It is a mere two minute walk down to the popular Central Beach where there are a variety of water sports available across all ages to discover the variety of marine life in the bay including whales, dolphins and seals. Pack a picnic for the day and spend time on the nearby Robberg Blue Flag Beach or walking in the splendid Nature Reserve of the same name. In the Tsitsikamma forest families can amongst many other activities - enjoy a tree top canopy tour or discover the giant old yellowwood trees. There are also a range of animal sanctuaries where families can encounter monkeys, birds, elephants and other animals "up close and personal".
The Plettenberg Hotel is the ideal location from which to explore the natural beauty of Plettenberg Bay and surrounds.
FAMILY FRIENDLY OFFERINGS INCLUDE:
- Welcome note and age appropriate activity packs for children
- Designated family activity areas
- Educational experiences
- Specially designed gourmet children's menus
- Family picnics for daily excursions
- Babysitting services upon request
- Cots available on request
SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS FOR CHILDREN:
- Buckets and spades to build sandcastles
- Body boards to ride the waves
- Beach cricket and beach tennis
- Interactive cooking classes with the chefs
- Creating your own menu with the chefs
- A selection of board games
- Popcorn and movies
- Playing in the puzzle park
- Walking with elephants
- Visiting the Monkeyland primate sanctuary
- Birds of eden
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Children under 3 years of age can be accommodated across all categories of room in a camper cot with his or her parents. One child up to 16 years of age can be accommodated in the parents rooms when booking selected Luxury double rooms and guaranteed when booking Suites or Premier Suites. All additional rooms for family travel (i.e. with children under 16 years of age) will be charged at 50% off the rack rates other than in peak season as reflected on our rate sheets.