Set in the historic Constantia Valley, The Cellars-Hohenort offers a picturesque retreat in tranquil surroundings. The hotel has selected many options which are ideal for family stays, the largest being The Madiba Villa, affording you a luxurious Cape Dutch home away from home with its own private courtyard and solar heated plunge pool. With nine acres of beautiful gardens to explore, The Cellars-Hohenort is the perfect environment for family time. You and your children can discover the local herbs and vegetables being used in our menu options, explore the camphor walk, numerous ponds and so much more. While you relax and read a book your children can search for butterflies and insects or feed the ducks. Practice your golf technique on The Gary Player designed chipping and putting green and give your children some putting lessons or play a 'mini-golf' game. Family picnics can be enjoyed in the many secluded spots in the gardens or by one of the hotels swimming pools. There is also a tennis court located next to the spa and hair salon where Dad can play tennis with the kids while Mom has a relaxing spa treatment. There are numerous walks in the area and the Alphen Trail is just a five minute walk from the Hotel - a popular walk for local families and visitors alike which meanders along a gentle stream in the Constantia Valley.
The Cellars-Hohenort is also the ideal location from which to explore the multitude of activities around Cape Town.
FAMILY FRIENDLY OFFERINGS INCLUDE:
- Welcome note and age appropriate activity packs for children
- Designated family activity areas
- Educational experiences
- Specially designed gourmet children's menus
- Family picnics for daily excursions
- Babysitting services upon request
- Cots available on request
SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS FOR CHILDREN:
- Bug safari's where children can explore the gardens and look for local insects, birds and animals
- Picking and learning about herbs and vegetables with the chefs
- Interactive cooking classes with the chefs
- Creating your own menu with the chefs
- A selection of board games
- Bowling, croquet, hop scotch, mini golf and tennis
- Popcorn and movies
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Children under 3 years of age can be accommodated across all categories of room in a camper cot with his or her parents. One child up to 16 years of age can be accommodated in the parents rooms when booking selected Luxury double rooms and guaranteed when booking Suites or Premier Suites. All additional rooms for family travel (i.e. with children under 16 years of age) will be charged at 50% off the rack rates other than in peak season as reflected on our rate sheets.