Make The Marine your base for the Hermanus Whale Festival
This eco-marine festival takes place over 30 September to 2 October 2016 and celebrates the migration of Southern Right Whales to Walker Bay.
Elevate the experience and make The Marine your base. Enjoy the sight of these gentle giants from the comfort of your sea-view suite as well as from many vantage points throughout the hotel.
Tip: book lunch and dinners at SeaFood at The Marine, which offers guests a seafood menu showcasing the ethically sourced local ingredients of the Overberg.
Five reasons to go to the Hermanus Whale Festival
- Expect ocean-themed activities and exhibitions, which emphasise education as well as being environmentally responsible at The Eco Marine Village. This year will include Shark, Whale, Penguin and Educational Kiddie areas.
- The ever-popular Eco-Marine Film Festival will show films on whales and other marine life.
- Not to miss is the Whales and Wheels Classic Car Show: Over 250 vintage and classic cars dating from the 1920s through to the 1980s will be on display.
- 30 local artists will be performing over the five days of the festival at the Two Oceans Wine and Food Music Marquee.
- Take in spectacular views with the various events of Adventure Week, which includes fun runs, night runs mountain biking and a trail run.
All this and so much more. The best part? The Marine is within walking distance to the festival, but is a haven of peace and quiet to escape to.